Currently, dog adoptions are walk-up when we are open to the public. You can also call 873-2430 to make an appointment.
Dog adoption fees, which include core vaccinations, tests for Lyme Disease, Ehrlichiosis, Anaplasmosis and Heartworm, treatment for internal parasites, flea treatment and prevention, microchipping, spay/neuter surgery, and a rabies vaccination for dogs over 3 months old, are as follows:
Local Dog Adoption Fees
- Puppy (8 weeks up to 12 months): $400 or 2 for $600
- Young Adults (1 year up to 4 years): $350 or 2 for $525
- Adult (4 years up to 8 years): $300 or 2 for $450
- Elder (8 years plus): $150 or 2 for $250
Transport Dog Adoption Fees
(rescues from out of state, such as Puerto Rico, Mississippi, Tennessee, Alabama, Texas, etc.)
- Transport Puppy (8 weeks up to 12 months): $500 or 2 for $750*
- Transport Young Adults (1 year up to 4 years): $450 or 2 for $675*
- Transport Adult (4 years up to 8 years): $400 or 2 for $600
- Transport Elder (8 years plus): $200 or 2 for $300
* Unfortunately we are unable to offer any discounts on adoption fees for transport dogs under 4 years of age. Also, we can only apply one discount to any adoption special. (ie, 2 adult dogs for $600 OR senior, veteran or first responder 25% discount)
Please note that filling out an application for an animal does not guarantee your adoption. We match dogs with adopters on a first come, first considered basis and we only keep your application active for 24 hours after you have physically met the dog. Unfortunately, we cannot hold dogs longer because they deserve every chance to be in a loving home as soon as possible. Once you have come to the shelter, we will consider your application, check references (if applicable), confirm housing and let you know if you have been accepted. You can either pay the adoption fee over the phone or come in the next day to pay and complete the adoption.
View our online Adoption Application